As the holiday season comes at us faster than reindeer jacked up on steroids and other controlled substances, I figured it was time to start naming off some of the movie classics and hidden gems of this jolly joyful season. Over the years I sadly have slacked off on my holiday viewership of anything seasonally related, which makes me quite glum. Holiday movies bring spirit and a little life to our otherwise plain little town. There are the absolute classics like Rudolph, A Christmas Carol, and of course the family friendly, Die Hard. “Yippie Kai Yay mother fruitcake.” Such a classic line. There are also some lesser known films like Johnny Bravo Christmas and Christmas Oranges (that one sucks, don’t watch it).
So here’s Eric’s Totally Boss Christmas Movie list. Watch it or you’re as worthless as an elf who can’t make toys.
- Die Hard – This movie is the perfect embodiment of Christmas spirit, blasting away at terrorists on the day Christ was born with Bruce Willis kicking all sorts of eastern European butt. If that wouldn’t put a tear in ol’ Kevin Perry’s eye, I don’t know what would.
- Nightmare Before Christmas– More like “nightmare to animate,” amiright guyzz?? Ha ha ha. No, seriously, it’s a technical marvel and an incredible film as well. If you haven’t seen it, are you even human or?
- Johnny Bravo Christmas– I love Johnny Bravo because we have quite a lot in common. We’re both super ripped, like c’mon. We both have incredible hair, and we are both completely inept with speaking to females. But watching Johnny bumble through various locations is super entertaining and I suggest giving it a watch.
- Any South Park or Family Guy Christmas special- I don’t really need to explain why you should watch these. They’re inappropriate, brash, vulgar and amazing.
- Trading Spaces– Really this is just a good movie with a Christmas background but it has Eddie Murphy yelling at things and partying, and Dan Aykroyd worrying about money and stuff so that’s cool I think. (I’m weird, shut up!)
- Bad Santa– Billy Bob Thornton is a mall Santa who loves whiskey and keystones; let the comedy ensue.